Monday 2 September 2024

   A Writer On His Writing

Lit Linc https://litlinc.com/interviews/a-writer-on-his-writing

What have you found to be most challenging about writing in [genre]?

Whereas my novelistic muse effortlessly held the canvas for the characters to artify it with their narratives, as playwright, I had to innovate in crafting the scenes to contrive suspense on the stage that is in my ‘Onto the Stage: Slighted Souls and other stage and radio plays’, all of which is in the public domain in the form free ebooks in varied formats.

Which character do you enjoy writing the most as a writer and why? If choosing a favorite character is like choosing a favorite child, which character do you find requires the most attention and detail from you as a writer?

All my eight fictional endeavours (three plot-character driven novels, one stream of consciousness novel, one crime novel, one novella, one collection of short stories, and a compendium of stage and radio plays) have been abundantly endowed with exceptionally unique females about whom I loved writing most about.

Indeed my ‘Prey on the Prowl – A Crime Novel’ has been ‘dedicated to all those women, whose loving glances have made my life’s journey a joyous sojourn’.

Was there anything you had to research for the book?

Being Semitic-naïve, like most Hindus, in 2002, I had to start from Abrahamic scratch to shape the ‘novel’ narrative of ‘Puppets of Faith: Theory of Communal Strife (A critical appraisal of Islamic faith, Indian polity ‘n More)’ possibly a new genre.

As an author, what critique has been the most challenging for you to receive? On the other hand, what compliment has been the most rewarding?

Fair are the critics who spell out what puts them off in the book as that puts their critique/review into perspective for its readers to judge the veracity or otherwise of same for themselves. But there are also those who want the hapless author to give up writing altogether that is without qualifying the unsolicited advice at that!

Do you have any personal connection to the story or characters?

So to say, all my fiction was flowered by the seeds of my classic-reading that happened to get planted in the creative ground of my examined life, exemplified by the dedication of my ‘Glaring Shadow’ to ‘Sekhu, my elder boy for his literary course correction of this 'stream of consciousness' work to which I had lent some of my life and times’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home