Monday 1 July 2024


 My 'List Kindle Book' Interview 

 https://listkindlebook.com/interviews/the-interview-bs-murthy

What are some books or authors that you would recommend to our readers?

I would like to pass on the advice of my maternal uncle, C. Subba Rao, gave me in my youth that one should begin his reading life with classics for they deepen the thinking, and broaden the outlook besides improving one’s language.

Having fortunately heeded to his advice, later on in life, when I thanked him for his advice that benefited me immensely, he said that he merely passed on his father’s advice to him, which makes me indebted to my maternal grandfather C. Kameswara Rao as well.

So, I recommend readers to read the classics of Leo Tolstoy, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Nikolai Gogol, Ivan Turgenev, Emily Zola, Gustav Flaubert, Marcel Proust, Robert Musil et al that is besides my body of work of twelve ebooks in varied genres available as Amazon Kindles (link in my profile page) that can also be Googled for other formats in the public domain.

Have you been able to incorporate your previous experience in [jobs/education] in your writing?

In my maiden novel Benign Flame: Saga of Love, owing to my initial stint as a purchase officer, I was able to help Sathyam in the manipulation of an Open Tender in the chapter, Date with Destiny, which sadly became his undoing in the end.

Likewise in my second novel Jewel-less Crown: Saga of Life, given my later expertise as a Loss Assessor, I could enable Gautam to pull off a perfect insurance fraud in the chapter, Loss to Order. 

Do you have any unusual writing habits?

If it can be called an unusual writing habit, I tended to write continuously for fourteen hours a day that is with a few fatigue breaks in between, day after day, till the completion of each of my twelve books, most of which took nine months.        

Have you ever experienced writer’s block? How did you deal with it?

Having penned twelve books, now I’m unable to pen another, maybe owing to writer’s block, or lack of enthusiasm or exhaustion of ideas and / or a combination of all. Well, one’s creativity too may have its limits and time only would tell whether or not I reached the end of mine own.

Did you always want to be an author? If not, what did you want to be when you grew up?

What with Leo Tolstoy, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Nikolai Gogol, Ivan Turgenev, Emily Zola, Gustav Flaubert et al having become my literary deities, as their devotee, all along, the thought of my entering the sanctum sanctorum of writing never entered my mind, and the interested can see how that had changed in my mid-forties in my article “My ‘Novel’ Account of Human Possibility” available at this site and in the net as well. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home