Saturday 7 October 2023

BS Murthy's 'Smashword' interview

Excerpt of my Smashwords' Interview,  Published 2016-01-13  https://www.smashwords.com/interview/... …


When did you first start writing?


I had started writing articles on management when I was 32-year old but began penning fiction only turning 46.

What is the title of your maiden fictional work?

Benign Flame: Saga of Love, which I believe raised the 'novel' bar.

What is your body of work to date?

Besides Benign Flame: Saga of Love, my fictional endeavors are Jewel-less Crown: Saga of Life, Crossing the Mirage- Passing through youth, Glaring Shadow – A stream of consciousness novel, Prey on the Prowl – A Crime Novel, Onto the Stage – Slighted Souls and other stage and radio plays

My non -fiction works comprise of Puppets of Faith: Theory of Communal Strife, besides trans-creations of Bhagvad-Gita: Treatise of Self-help and Sundara Kãnda: Hanuman’s Odyssey both in verse, originally published as free ebooks by published by Project Gutenberg Self-publishing Press.

I have switched over to writing short stories, a collection of which I intend to make available to the public as free ebooks.soon.

How do you describe your work?

I would like to call my work "One passion Nine affairs".

What is the hallmark of your writing?

My entire fictional work was borne out of my conviction that for fiction to impact readers, it should be the soulful rendering of characters rooted in their native soil but not the hotchpotch of local and foreign caricatures sketched on a hybrid canvas that the so-called Indian Writing in English has come to symbolize.

What is the greatest joy of writing for you?

It's the fulfillment associated with the creation of distinctive characters and uncanny situations in my body of original fiction.

How has Smashwords contributed to your success?

Besides taking my body of work on board, It has facilitated it to find its way to sites such as Barnes & Noble and Kobo.

What inspires you to get out of bed each day?


The prospect of further examining life.

When you're not writing, how do you spend your time?


Besides Twitter activity, I spend most of my non-writing time mostly reading and at times listening to music.

What do you think of the fiction of the day?


Our monthly 'fictional' output is more than what it used to be in any century of yore, as a whole, and that's absurd. Ironically, the improved literacy of our times, makes its fiction, for the most part, an instance of 'wasted vocabulary'.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home